TMG Exclusive Interview With Upcoming Radio DJ :
Meet DJ SHiNEONE
Who is DJ SHiNEONE?
DJ SHiNEONE is a young and talented DJ that has an incredibly diversified and unique style when he mixes . His main focus is exposing the similarities in music from different cultures and genres worldwide . SHiNE has had an extremely successful career so far. He has also had the opportunity to broadcast on numerous radio stations both web based and on the local FM Radio . SHiNE launched his Dj career in the year of 2014 and he has long been going strong ever since. Initially he was an IT major, yet was put into a position in which radio was his only source of income to support himself. From there on, he has been a sensation.
Let’s Get Started:
- What year did you start Djing?
I started DJing around 2014.
- Who or what influenced you to become a DJ?
I’ve had big names around me from the Jamaican DJ scene, such as DJ WAHWA, DJ KENNY, STEELYBASHMENT and many more.
- How long did it take for you to master the skill of Djing?
I wouldn’t say I’m a master, there’s still a lot for me to learn but about 2 months for Serato DJ.
- Which DJ technique is better, spinning records or using a virtual software program? Why?
Virtual DJ programs opens up a whole new world of creativity, your records are all at your fingertips for rapid selections also the audio quality is 2nd to none.
- What is the most frustrating thing about being a DJ?
For me is being original and finding tracks that cross over into different genres.
- What is one mistake that you see a lot of up and coming DJs making?
They try to copy the DJ they idolize style but never try to create and find their own.
- What is one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you hear it?
Charley Black – Party Animal 😎.
- Besides the re-verb, which effect is your favorite?
Reggae Air Horn.
- Who is your favorite DJ?
DJ WAHWA (Retired DJ)
- How do you juggle your everyday life with your radio show life?
Radio is life, so my everyday life gets juggled around it 😏.
- The first time you did a radio show, what were your thoughts?
I had 2 Days to learn the system and Go live on 93.5FM, King And Queen Radio and Brooklynstation, let’s just say I was lost.
- Is Djing everything that you expected it to be?
It’s way more than I expected.
- What is one pro and con about being a DJ?
Being new and spontaneous.
- What kind of equipment do you use?
I started out on the Pioneer 900s (a classic) then I went to The Pioneer DDJ SR controller but now I’m experimenting with the Denon MX8000
- Outside of DJing, how do you like to spend your free time?
I’m a web developer/part time coach.
- What advice would you give an aspiring DJ?
Get into a radio scene whether internet or FM. The same effort you put into uploading on SoundCloud, can also be put into a radio platform.
- How can people get in contact with you?
Email me at DJSHINEONE@GMAIL.COM