HP Sprocket (Product Review):
Is It Worth It?
(Disclaimer: As an HP Millennial Panel Member, I receive products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.)
Let me tell you guys, there is an awesome picture frame that is basically one huge photo collage that I received as a gift at my baby shower party . (Yes over 20 months ago.) The picture frame/photo collage frame allows you to place snapshots of your baby from 1 month – 12 months. It’s super cute.
To be honest, I had been working on a million things. Even though I have taken hundreds of photographs of my daughter over a course of 19 months, I still was unable to find the time to actually print the photographs as well as put them into the frame. (Occasionally, I take a walk all the way down to the nearby Rite Aid and pay a little fee to get the pictures printed out but between running a blog and having prearranged appointments, I have been extremely busy.)
Having said that, let’s fast forward now. ,
I recently received the HP Sprocket Photo Printer. With the HP Sprocket, I finally managed to begin the process of following through on printing the pictures for the amazing photo collage frame that I had been given. With the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, the technique of adhering the pictures directly to the base of the picture frame is now remarkably very easy & without problems .
Have a quick look at how fascinating the picture frame is coming out so far, courtesy of the HP Sprocket.
What is the HP Sprocket?
The HP Sprocket Photo Printer is a miniature, 2”x3”, pocket-sized, portable printing device. It produces small, wallet-sized photographs.
The HP Sprocket can be bought on the HP website. (Click here: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-sprocket-photo-printer.)
What is included in the box?
- 1 HP Sprocket Photo Printer device
- A Micro USB cord (You will have to provide your own base. The base is the piece which allows your USB cable to be inserted into the power socket).
- 1 pack of HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper (10-sheets).
(You’re probably asking yourself why on earth didn’t themelaningawddess talk about the ink. Well… terrific news, the HP Sprocket uses Zink. Zink means ZERO INK. I will explain it a little later on in the post).
So how exactly does the HP Sprocket work?
Step 1: Download the free Hp Sprocket app from your app store. (It is available for both Android and IOS users, so yes, it is in the Google Play store and the Apple Store.)
Step 2: Pair your smart phone and the sprocket device by Bluetooth.
Step 3: Open up the App and begin to print your pictures.
(It is important to charge the HP Sprocket before using it.)
Listed below are a few pretty awesome features:
- Pocket Sized: It is compact, it is lightweight, it actually can fit inside of your pocket. Making it well suited for taking it on the move.
- Inkless: The HP Sprocket uses Zink technology, so this means it uses absolutely zero ink! Zink is a fully colored printing technology for digital gadgets that will not necessitate ink cartridges and it also prints all in one successfully pass. That being said, the only thing that you will have to be worried about is purchasing the photo paper. Yup, the HP Sprocket will actually save you money!
- Personal customizations: The HP Sprocket App allows you to customize your images right before you print them.
Who or what would it be ideal for?
Personally I think that the HP Sprocket is best for:
- Making DIY (Do-It-Yourself) photo projects.
- Individuals who scrapbook as a hobby
- Putting together photo albums
- Absolutely everyone who is obsessed with taking selfies.
- Parents who would like to instantly share pictures of their kids
The list goes on and on.
The question remains…
Is it worth it?
Here is my answer:
YES! It really is worthy of a buy . You simply will not be disappointed with it.
The HP Sprocket Photo Printer is $129.99, in fact it is currently available on the HP Store online.
Allow me to share the link: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-sprocket-photo-printer.
Thank you for reading.
Feel free to answer the survey below: